It’s been a long hot summer, and for many marketers, that means eCommerce programs have been naturally slowing down throughout the season. A number of you have turned down or paused campaigns for the summer, and are dusting them off now and getting them ready for Q4. But what about your remarketing lists? A slow-down in search traffic may mean your lists haven’t been growing, and may have even been shrinking.
Why not fatten up your remarketing lists with a modest Google Display Program (GDN) in September/October? The GDN reaches 89% of US internet users, and that’s a lot of potential customers! Instead of waiting for your lists to build when your keyword search programs ramp up in Q4, start building them now. By prospecting further up the funnel and attracting your target audience in early fall, you’ll have a heartier remarketing program that can get traction right out of the gate in Q4.
Remember: 77% of people’s time on the Internet is spent somewhere other than the search results pages, so reach your potential customers where they live, where they browse. Fortunately, Google has developed a slew of ways to find these potential customers. At a relatively low cost-per-click, consider targeting:
- Interests: Matches your ads to people who recently began visiting sites with the same topic(s) that are relevant to your customers
- Affinity: Matches your ads to people who typically visit sites like yours
- In-Market: Matches your ads with people whose behavior indicates they may be ready to buy
- Demographics: Choose the ages and gender that align with your customer profiles
- Similar Audiences: Google has developed lists that are like the folks who have visited your site.
- YouTube remarketing lists: Do you have a YouTube Brand channel? If you do, hopefully you have linked it to your AdWords account so that you have lists of people who have interacted with your Brand Channel by viewing, sharing and liking.
If you have any question about firing up the Google Display Network, give us a call.